14/9/09

Mi primer cuento en ingles

I will go back walking


I have never been onboard of an airplane and that was my first time. That morning we finished to prepare our suitcases and we were ready to begin our new life in The United States. I was scared about the flight. When I told to my husband “It is possible to go there in another way?” he laughed at me and calmly said: “Don’t worry! It’s like a bus trip. When we get up there you will see there’s nothing to be afraid of.” But his words didn’t calm me. I didn’t understand how something so big and heavy can fly and why someone wants to be inside of it. Onboard of the airplane you are a prisoner of the destiny, and I voluntarily was into its jail.

We arrived at the Buenos Aires Airport two hours before departure. Our family was there to say “good-bye” and the edginess was increasing. A new life was beginning for us and I couldn’t think of another thing but the flight. My children, who were six and four years old, were very excited about the trip and I did not want to turn their enthusiasm into panic, so with a smile in my face, I tried to transmit confidence to them. “It’s like a bus trip, It’s like a bus trip!” I repeated to myself over and over again…

What happened after the farewell was like entering into another dimension: gate’s signals, smiley faces asking you about your belongings, the people going anywhere, the voice calling to aboard, the murmuring in infinite languages, and finally the gate that was the enter to my most intimidator destiny: THE AIRPLANE. My children were really excited. They could see the front of the airplane and the pilot preparing to fly while the stewardess indicated us where were ours seats.
The airplane’s welcome was awesome. Comfortable, soft and blue seats were waiting for the passengers, but my enthusiasm ran off when the smiley flight attendant told us that our seat were not there and she conducted us to the business section. That was the end of the airplane’s welcome. Our places were four small, uncomfortable and undefined-color seats. My daughter was set by my husband and my son on my side. The seatbelt signal was on. My son grabbed my hand and I smiled to him. But my other hand was firmly grasped to the armchair while I still repeated to myself “it’s like a bus trip, it’s like a bus trip…” … but It wasn’t.

The airplane began to drive and after that to fly off the ground, vibrating and shaking. I looked through the little window and the wings were shaking too. I was waiting for a calm flight, but the airplane didn’t stop vibrating. The seatbelt light was turning off, but I didn’t follow that indication. After one hour, my children were asleep and I was wishing that the flight would become “a bus trip”.
Suddenly the seatbelt light turned on. Everyone was sleeping including the flight attendant. “Don’t worry”, I said to myself, but I couldn’t. The emergency-exit light also turned on and the airplane was still vibrating and shaking. In that moment I decided to close my eyes and wait for my own death. Maybe I slept too, because I don’t remember what happened after that. I only know that ten hours after the departure I arrived to the beautiful, firm and safe Houston Airport with lots of good wishes and without nails, because they are still fixed in the armchair.

30/9/09 PD: Me entregaron la nota de este trabajo y me saque 87! no puedo creer que hace apenas un anio yo no hablaba ingles!

No hay comentarios: